I’m blessed to announce that I’ll be offering a TOTALLY FREE “PHP Foundation Training”, a course for beginners sponsored by Yahoo! Jordan, and supported from Yahoo! Developers Network in cooperation with Jordan Open Source Association. The objective of this course is to boost talent skills in PHP, spread the awareness about the open source, help undergraduate students building their own web applications using PHP script and best practices and build a strong relationship between the IT private sector, non profit organizations and educational institutions all together to support local Jordanian market and community.
We are targeting undergraduate students, but since we have limited seats available; PSUT students have the privilege. However, non PSUT students still have a chance to attend the course. So, if you are a computer science student and you are interested in atttending this course, please fill in the form here.
This course will take place during June 2013, and will kick off with an introductory session about Yahoo! Developer Network, what do we offer for developers, walking through some open sourced tools and closing with some exercises. Following a very interesting web introduction session. Going forward, students will have a deep diving into PHP language references and to end up building web application using PHP. The course will be presented in 18 different sessions, 2 hours each, with its own objective and materials. Please take a look into the full outlines here.
Course materials will be open sourced and shared with students on GitHub, YouTube and my personal blog. I’ll be sending course updates on Twitter.
What will you get?
- 100% FREE course, no hidden fees
- A lot of exercises and hands on
- Some Yahoo! gifts like T-shirts, maybe notebooks and other stuff
- Support from Yahoo! Engineers during the course
- You’ll have the chance to contribute to the Open Source Community
- By the end of this course you should be able to develop a basic -but fully functional- web project using PHP
- Certificate of attendance from JOSA and maybe from Yahoo!
- Good knowledge in HTML
- Good knowledge in OO
- Fair knowledge in C/C++/Java or any other OO programming/scripting language
- Charged Laptop (Preferred Linux 😀 )
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/JordanOpenSourceTraining
- Registration Form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHNOZzNYR21OSVotM2YwR2dlVHVCdmc6MA#gid=0
- Course Outlines: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U_871H6PsmC9LCeSEUFLaAojNBDxagDYpbNmWSxo3Nc/edit?usp=sharing